TITLE: PRODUCT MERCHANDISER
REPORTS TO: HEAD OF PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT
Highly numerate and responsible for actively shaping the collection through extensive product analytics (historical performance and future opportunities) and building the framework from which designs creativity can evolve and informed business decisions can be made.
The role supports both the product teams throughout the development stages of a season and the sales teams in meeting their needs and driving growth.
- Build extensive knowledge of the brand DNA, enabling critical and objective analyses of the competitive landscape from the brand’s perspective to identify opportunities within the product offering.
- Alongside relevant Heads of Department create and maintain the Temperley customer profile, reflecting the brands consumer audience. The profile will be applicable across the various sales channels and take into consideration regional and global consumer variances; evaluating lifestyle, attitude, behaviour and spending capacity of luxury consumer.
- Review and analyse data on both sell in and sell throughs by style, fabrication, colour and price-points to understand the customers buying patterns and behaviour. Evaluating what is selling and driving profit to inform future range planning decisions on newness and carry-forwards and implementing any immediate actions necessary to drive current sales.
- Creation of the seasonal collection Range Parameters using extensive analytical skills; considering historical data and identified opportunities with how the market is likely to evolve, and emerging consumer trends both short term and long term.
- Communicate the range parameters to Design and PD teams.
- Monitor competitor price points and present seasonal pricing report alongside range parameters on relevant and comparable product.
- Play an instrumental role supporting Design and PD from the early stages of development in order to find the optimal balance between design vision and commercial goals.
- Participate in product reviews, demonstrating knowledgeable opinions backed up with data to help inform decisions on fit, price and aesthetics.
- Collaborate closely with Head of PD and PD team to ensure the collection is priced in line with agreed pricing structure/strategy and target margins are met.
- Create, update and manage pricing and margin information on the relevant seasonal documents; Rangeplan and Tracker.
- Creation of pricing books and calculating global price conversions, ensuring these are aligned and respect the brand and product pricing structure.
- Produce seasonal sales briefing documents ensuring all key product information is collated from Design and PD and passed to the sales team for sales training
- Assist with initial seasonal showroom set up guided by Design VM
- Lead the sales handover/training meeting alongside the Head of Design
- Update sales team with all collection and production changes/cancellations as well as pricing and style code updates
- Review final buy data to ensure all Temperley sales channels are aligned and seasonal strategies are reflected with key designs being represented, outfitting and commercial options.
- Drive key merchandise and business planning dates, chasing key stakeholders to ensure dates are respected
- Create a seasonal VM guide for the collection presenting this to all sales channels and Visual Merchandiser to be used as a key tool for brand presentation
Skills & Experience:
- Highly numerate and analytical with experience of analysing data, producing reports and developing action plans, demonstrating the highest level of attention to detail
- Strong knowledge of the contemporary fashion environment and customer profiles both regionally and globally
- Strong fashion sensibility with ability to forecast trends
- Must be able to work across a broad range of product
- Excellent communication skills are key
- Be able to participate and support a collaborative, innovative and results-orientated team
- Experience of working closely with Development and Design teams
- Display flexibility, good organisational and prioritisation skills
- Working knowledge of product construction
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and strong system knowledge for other key business programs
To apply please email email@example.com