TITLE: DESIGN TEAM INTERN
REPORTS TO: HEAD DESIGNER
Overall Purpose: To support the design and merchandising team. Assisting with all general admin duties and ensuring the smooth running of the department.
- Research and create story names for each season.
- Load and update all styles on system, set up range plans, tracker and seasons folders.
- Update system with all style changes, cancellations, additions, story images and sketches for each season update up to SMS stage.
- Enter all colourways into the range plan and update throughout the season.
- Ensure collection is categorized and processed correctly on all platforms in design and this is clearly communicated to all teams.
- Support merchandising to ensure linesheets are up to date and correct for selling.
- Undertaking any ad hoc projects
- Photograph vintage samples, log and update on tracker.
- Design research: silhouette mood and concept for Mainline and Bridal.
- Create and maintain seasonal boards in the design studio and update as required during the development of the collection.
- Update fitting photograph folders and boards after each studio fitting.
Skills and Experience:
- Currently studying at degree level in a fashion related subject.
- Good knowledge of Excel and Photoshop.
- Knowledge of using Prima or similar software program would be advantageous but not essential.
- Confident in undertaking admin-based duties, good telephone manner and email etiquette.
- Ability to work well within a team but to also be able to take initiative when needed.
- Competent in organizing your own workload and schedule.
- Confident in multi-tasking, working to tight deadlines and prioritizing.
- Strong interest in fashion.
- Some experience interning or working in a fashion company would be helpful but not essential.
To apply for this position, please forward your CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com