Raw Materials Manager – Sampling & Production
We are seeking a Raw Materials Manager to work with mills and textile suppliers to source all fabrics, trims, linings etc. The role involves setting up all information on our systems, working with design on colour names and creating industry standard colour codes; ensuring sampling fabrics, trims and labelling are all made and available for prototyping and sampling requirements into bulk production. Costing and budget administration and management required with excellent organization and communication skills. Bring your experience in working with domestic, Italian, some Asian and Chinese suppliers to the table – domestic and Italian sources are a business focus.
Reporting into VP of Product Development & Technical Design, the role involves:
- Research & development of fabrics with key mills and finishing techniques.
- Research & development of trims, linings etc. with key suppliers.
- Responsible for sourcing and buying fabric.
- Monitor and control cost per metre or zip etc adhering to minimum length requirements.
- Integrate all raw materials into the supply chain to ensure on-time garment production and delivery.
- Liaison with factories and suppliers on all fabric information including fabric testing.
- Tracking, tracing, pricing, costing & all fabric detail documentation.
- To communicate to Marketing and E-commerce all knowledge acquired regarding fabric and trims.
- Working with the calendar to ensure on-time delivery of garments, often meeting strict deadlines.
- Meet price points for groups within each division and collection.
- All RM prototyping and sample ordering.
- Manage all strike-off and lab dips.
- Documents all testing and details into line list.
- Provides descriptions and all technical information for sales purposes.
- Coordinates fabric content & care instructions to product developer for final labelling of garment.
Minimum 5 years direct experience required along with excellent organizational skills.
To apply for this role please contact our HR representative on email@example.com.