Product Developer - Knits, Jersey & Swim
We are seeking an experienced knitwear specialist to manage all product development within these categories from design to sampling. Working primarily with our long-standing vendor base as well as bring to the table a list of possible new solutions. Yarn costing, sourcing and management of the entire process is required. Candidates must be experienced technical knowledge in both knitwear specifications as well as fit.
Reporting into our Chief Merchandising Officer, the role involves:
- Development of all products within your category from 1st concept to bulk sign off.
- Working closely with the design team and suppliers in achieving the highest standard of product in line with brand’s identity and to target margins set by the sales team.
- Specifications of all knitwear ranges.
- Knitwear technologist – fit approval/sealing and bulk grading (fit and technical knowledge essential.)
- Liaising with factories on a daily basis (good and clear communication / problem solving.)
- Conducting sample fit meetings and relying on comments to factories.
- Cost negotiating on all knitwear products (including yarns) making sure targets are met.
- Manage costings and negotiate prices, quantities, lead times and delivery dates.
- Managing products in line with critical path. Monitor development timelines, track status, monitor due dates and maintain status reports.
- Sourcing of all yarns and trims and researching new techniques and machinery.
- Swatching of new techniques and yarns.
- Maintaining swatch library.
- Processing lab dip requests, following up on status and monitoring lead times.
Minimum 5 years experience in luxury womenswear required.
To apply for this role please contact our HR department on firstname.lastname@example.org.